Due to circumstances beyond our control, Connecting the Dots on Reflex Integration, Part 2 will not take place on February 11-12. The course will be rescheduled for a date in the near future. Watch this page or subscribe to our email updates to find out as soon as we announce the new date.
Connecting the Dots on Reflex Integration, Part 2
Treatment Utilizing Reflex Integration Programs and Exercises for the School- or Home-Based Therapist
Amy Guttmann, OTR/L
Evelyn Guttmann, OTR/L
June 5-6th, 2019
9:15 AM – 3:45 PM
1904 Avenue N
Important: this course is only available for registration to those therapists who have successfully completed Connecting the Dots on Reflex Integration, Part 1.
To find out when Part 1 will be offered again, please sign up here for email updates. To host Amy and Evelyn to present Part 1 in your area, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for hosting opportunities.
Certified OTs, SLPs, PTs who have successfully completed Connecting the Dots on Reflex Integration, Part 1
You've taken Connecting the Dots on Reflex Integration, Part 1 and now have a handle on how to evaluate a child and determine what needs to be done to help.
Now the goal of treatment is at hand. You'll come out of this course with treatment ideas and protocols to help the children in your classrooms and homes with unintegrated reflexes, using evidence-based protocols and multiple reflex integration programs. You will know which method is the most relevant to treat presenting issues and how to use it effectively.
Connecting the Dots on Reflex Integration, Part 2 is a course jam-packed with information and practical takeaways. This interactive course gives you a practical real-life toolbox through a hands-on all-day lab, before and after videos demonstrating actual client progress, detailed handouts and more.
Clarity. Direct applications. The tools that make a difference.
If you ever felt puzzled about the best way to treat a young client with reflex integration issues, this is the course for you.
Amy and Evelyn Guttmann, OTR/L, sister pediatric occupational therapists, have been treating families and children with over 40 years of experience between them.
Graduates of SUNY Health Science Center of New York, they currently run Hands on OT Rehab in Brooklyn, NY, a private practice focused on treating children with anxiety and processing delays, as well as a practice focused on training and educating therapists, pediatricians, educators, and parents. They have evaluated over 5,000 children and have been guest lecturers in some of the most prominent universities around the country.
Their specialty trainings include: Sensory Integration, NDT training, reflex integration, auditory processing specialization, and behavioral management. They are currently conducting research on sensory processing disorder and anxiety diagnosis.
Disclosure: Amy and Evelyn Guttmann receive a speaking fee for their presentation and are employees of Hands on OT Rehab. They have no relevant non-financial relationships to disclose. .
10 contact hours. Certificates will be awarded.
Hands on Approaches, Inc. is an AOTA Approved Provider of continuing education. AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures.
Approved by AOTA for 1.0 CEUs.
Recognized by NYSED State Board for PT as an approved provider of PT and PTA continuing education. Approved for 10 contact hours.
Application has been made to NJBTE for CE Approval.
This course is offered for up to 1.0 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate level, Professional Area).
9:15 AM – 3:45 PM
Registration: 8:45 AM - 9:15 AM
• Review analysis of primitive and postural reflexes and how to analyze test results.
• Analysis of the Moro reflex, its function, movement patterns, and its effect on physical, language, and social-emotional development.
• Exploration of the correlation between a retained Moro reflex and anxiety.
• Treatment strategies using various reflex integration programs and protocols to address anxiety, auditory processing delays, dyslexia, ADD/ADHD, OCD and generalized developmental delay.
• Review of therapeutic methods and protocols and determine which ones to implement based on a child’s reflex profile and presenting symptoms in order to effectively treat reflex integration issues. Case studies of therapeutic interventions of actual clients.
By the end of this workshop, learners will be able to:
• Describe the effect of a retained Moro reflex.
• Explain the relationship between the Moro reflex and anxiety.
• Explain the components of designing a reflex integration program.
• Identify and explore the reflex integration exercises addressing the Moro, TLR, ATNR, STNR, and Spinal Galant, as well as postural reflexes.
• Demonstrate techniques to implement reflex integration protocols based on diagnosis.
• Demonstrate techniques to implement and adapt reflex integration programs for the school environment.
• Demonstrate techniques to upgrade and downgrade reflex integration programs.
Early Bird Registration (by April 30, 2019):
Standard Registration (after April 30, 2019):
Group Discount (3 or more registrants by April 30, 2019 - must register within 24 hours of each other and each registrant must mention the others on her registration form):
Hands on Approaches, Inc.
Refund and Cancellation Policy:
All cancellations must be received in writing via fax, email, or mail. A full refund, less a $75 administrative fee, will be provided if cancellation is received up to four weeks prior to the date of the course. Half tuition, less a $75 administrate fee, will be refunded if cancellation is received up to two weeks prior to the date of the course. No refunds will be made after the two week deadline. 50% of the tuition may be applied toward a future course. Tuition for no-shows or cancellations received after the course has started will be forfeited, no exceptions.
Hands on Approaches reserves the right to cancel the course for extenuating circumstances. A full refund for the course fee will be provided. Hands on Approaches is not responsible for any expenses incurred by the participants (ie: non-refundable travel arrangements) if the course is cancelled.